Monday, August 6, 2012

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge Swatches and Reviews




I was positively delighted to have received a generous goodie bag filled with wonderful stuff to play with. 



I am going to first review the Aqua Rouges because hey I'm a lip girl after all.



(Information taken from the press kit)

Aqua Rouge
Price $39.00

In a TANGO DANCE, the mouth is the center of attention and AQUA ROUGE beautifully enhances this
utterly desirable smile. MAKE UP FOR EVER launches its latest addition to its AQUA range,
the AQUA ROUGE lipstick, a very long-lasting waterproof lipstick with a dazzling color result. Highly
glossy, concentrated lipstick with an innovative element that combines
two applications in one.

Step 1:
The liquid lipstick delivers intense, matte color.

Step 2:
The top coat provides a vinyl finish and protects the color.
For the BLACK TANGO look, DANY SANZ has chosen AQUA
ROUGE no.11, Dark Raspberry, a mysterious flame red.



I have with me 4 Aqua Rouges for swatching. One end of the Aqua Rouge features a pigmented liquid lip colour and the other end is a clear gloss that acts as a sealant for the colour. The lip colour end features a regular doe foot applicator. Because of the very pigmented nature of the lip colours, I find the doe foot a little clumsy for application, I prefer using a lip brush for precise lip colour application.



No. 8, No. 9, No. 10 and No. 15


The lip colour is a true matte. When I add the gloss on top, it gives it a high shine.



No. 8 is a bright red that looks like a blue based red on me.



No. 10 is a wearable deep raspberry.



No. 9 is a deep burgundy on my lips at the event when I tried it on.


I must say these are quite long lasting, I have worn them for my dance classes and they have lasted 6 hours straight with me constantly drinking. It still looked fresh when I came back home to remove it. When the Aqua Rouges wore it to work, they survived my oily fried noodle breakfast but after lunch I had to reapply. The best part is, reapplication is a cinch, they applied smoothly and looked fresh. They did not dry out my lips but the stronger colours are a little difficult to remove. Have you roil-based makeup remover handy. The only con is the slightly synthetic sweet smell which goes away after a while.

I have been mixing my Aqua Rouges to customise lip colours. Here I mixed No. 10 and No. 15 to make a wearable bright pink for work. I love mixing them around.

No 10 and No 15 mixed together



No. 8 and No. 9 mixed together with a little gold glitter on top


I really love these, apart from the synthetic smell which I can bear, the colours are full on and gorgeous. They wear well ad feel absolutely comfortable on my lips. Reapplication is good a new and they last longer than my normal lipsticks. My picks are definitely the brighter full bodied colours because they really stand out.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Arent't they? I did not manage to do a lip swatch of No. 15 though.

      Delete
  2. strangely enough all the colours looks wearable for me (and i normally shy away from full on colour) i love the mix you did with #10 and #15...do they feel drying after a day's wear? and is there much transfer when doing things like drinking? some liquid lipsticks tend to transfer a lot....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do not feel drying on my lips, Anon but they do transfer to products. I say transfer is like normal lipsticks.

      Delete
  3. wow...every single color is so pretty and all of them look gorgeous on you.I need to get some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great on you, I love how you have mixed shades togther, works really well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Somehow I kinda guessed that would be your choice of colour.

      Delete
  6. All the colors look so great on u!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last color looks so nice on you! I wish I could pull of red!

    I follow you now!

    Could you follow me?
    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh these look cool! Love your customized shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, I really love that I can mix and match them. I especially like the fact I can tone them down for day wear.

      Delete
  9. This collections is very "you" :) The bold red looks realll good on you! I like the mixed color too, still looking nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Memoiselle, I love the formula of this collection lots.

      Delete
  10. Wow you're rocking the reds! I love the pink shade on you as well. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    I'm writing to you from Switzerland so I speak french (sorry for english mistakes!!), thanks for your review!
    I've got , the Aqua rouge shade number 10 (raspberry)and I find that this colour is very intense!
    Your look is very nice, how did you do this "pale version"?
    maybe I just put too much product on my lip, so that was too much et and not suitable for every day....

    Do you have tried the nude beige (number 1) one? I hesitate to buy it, I'm looking for a Nude look for my lips for example if I ware a smocky on my eyes, what do you think?

    Thanks a lot for your answer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) thanks for dropping by. I used only one layer of No. 10 but it could also be my colouring and pigmented lips. I'm guessing your are fair? And that is why it looks very intense on you. Unfortunately I did not get the nude beige version because I don't usually wear nude colours and it looks really too pale for me. But if you do, you can mix no. 10 and that one to get a lighter pink colour. I honestly prefer sheerer textures for nudes example Burberry lip mist in Copper Mist or Dior Addict Nude, I can't wear too opaque nude colours because they was me out. What is your skin tone ? I'm a MAC NC 35.

      Delete
    2. Yes you guessed right :) I have a fair skin and I'm changing my brown hair to blond hair!I'm a MAC NC 15! Yes probably it's my skin tone, but with hours the colour is less intensive so I'm pretty happy of this shade finally!
      Good idea I'm gonna try mix it with the pink one!

      I've already tried nude shades and that has been looking pretty good with dark make up! And I'm looking for a longlasting lipstick! So I hope that the nude beige aqua rouge will be nice on me. I'm going to try next week!
      Make up forever has just come in Switzerland ! :D I've been waiting for a long time!

      Hugs from Switzerland to Singapore :)

      Delete
    3. Hugs :) I am glad that you are liking the Aqua Rouges. I am sure the nude will look great on you. You must try their HD foundation and Aqua Liners too, they are great stuff.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.