Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 17L

I end of my series of Make Up For Ever posts with the Aqua Eyes, a waterproof eye pencil in 17L.





(Information taken from the Make Up For Ever website)


The Aqua Eyes is a waterproof liner pencil available in 26 shades. Highly pigmented, its unique formula adheres to the eyelids and doesn't run or fade even under the most extreme conditions. Its fluid, creamy texture glides onto the skin and doesn't irritate the eye contour.

Volatile silicone oils
Microcristallin waxes
Film-forming polymers
Jojoba wax
Cotton seed oils
High pigment concentration
Paraben free
Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested



17L is a gold green shade which can be used as a base or on its own. It glides easily on my lids without tugging it but still maintains its nib without getting all smooshy. (As much as I like creamy eye liners I hate really soft ones that I have to sharpen every single time I want to use it.)

I wore 17L out for a trip to the swimming pool just to test out how waterproof it was. I applied this to bare lids and went out for a splashing good time with my 'boys'. The eyeliner was somewhat intact, it didn't look as good as new but I could still see the line.



Here is what I like to use it for, on my lower lash line. This lasts about 4 hours on my lower lash line before fading.



To be honest, I have not had much luck with the darker Aqua Eye shades. The black version still smudged on me. 17L was more forgiving on my eyes, either it isn't as obvious when it smudges or the colour makes it more resistant. I am not sure. 

You can check out my original review on the black version here and see swatches of the other colours I have here.

SGD $33

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

2 comments:

  1. OOO this is a lovely shade I'd happily wear on my lower lash line! I really shouldn't accumulate MORE eyeliners though. I don't think I've ever finished one to be honest (since I only use them on my lower lash line)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, I have a habit of accumulating black eyeliners, how about you? Do you have any particular shades you can't resist. I don't normally wear liner on my bottom lash line because it tends to fade eventually and the dark ones tend to make my eyes look smaller. This colour is just right for me.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.