Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy Chinese New Year!


Here is wishing everyone a happy happy Chinese New Year. I hope everyone is doing fine. I would have posted sooner but the last two days have been a mad rush of visiting and eating. I am so stuffed by all the good food.

Here are some photos taken from the last few days of festivities. Enjoy!

Instead of reunion dinner on Thursday, we had lunch at my bro-in-law's place. I brought along my mom. Lunch was a casual affair.



That's my mom playing with my adorable little nephew. I just want to pinch his cheeks!


We get to eat a lot of steam boat. As I write we are waiting for family and friends to come over and have another session of steam boat.


The two grandmas with the two grandsons. My DS as usual needs to be the photobomber.


Finally a decent picture of the two grandsons together. Aren't they cute!

The first and second day of the new year were all about visiting relatives. I can't say that it is my favourite activity. I find it difficult sometimes to make small talk with relatives I don't really know very well. I feel awkward too. I'm not sure whether I should stand or sit.

These are the stuff I used on the second day of the New Year.




Lips:
Dior lip liner in Holiday Red
Burberry Lip Mist in Rosy Red


Eyes:
Laura Mercier Rose Gold as a base
Chanel Illusion D'ombre Initiation
Chanel Duo Sable Emouvant (the dark chocolate shade)
Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in black


Cheeks:
Chanel Joues Contraste in Accent


The whole outfit.


This cheongsam I wear once a year because I have absolutely no other occasion to wear it. 

So how did you spend your Chinese New Year?

Here is wishing all my readers out there a prosperous New Year ahead.

10 comments:

  1. I love your cheery cheongsam! And drooling at the steamboat spread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce, I hope you are having a wonderful CHinese New Year so far. All that eating, my stomach is protesting to all the rich food. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year, Jacqueline! Looks like you had a great celebration with your family! Love your makeup AND that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family you have there. :) Your lipstick looks divine, too. Hope I can pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jane thank you. I'm sure you can pull off a red, the trick is to find your perfect red. If you are afraid to go full on, wear a sheerer one. This Rosy Red can be sheered out easily. Just go for it babe!

      Delete
  4. Happy Chinese New Year to you!
    you look gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daria, happy Chinese New Year to you too. :)

      Delete
  5. It is lovely to see you in that cheong sam. Looking bright and gorgeous darling :) Happy CNY to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meryl, happy CNY to you too! How has celebrations been for you?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.